Crossroads Software designed the Handheld Citation and Report Writing Program with ease-of-use in mind, and the Citation Module (like the Collision Report and DUI Arrest Report Modules) offers intuitive, efficient data-entry features. The citation itself is organized into sections (Violator, Vehicle, Location, Violation, and more) that are easily accessed at the touch of a button. Drop-down lists allow for speedy data entry for pre-configured fields (such as Vehicle Make, Vehicle Color, State, Direction, Weather, Light, and more), while the built-in Soft Keyboard offers easy entry for free-from text boxes.
In addition, users can swipe the mag-stripe of a driver license to input driver info. The system also captures a violator's signature electronically and provides court and court day/time information. For violations, the Citation Module contains a complete codes section that provides codes and titles that can easily be selected from drop-down menus, as users first select a violation category and then specific violations within that category.
Another unique feature of the Handheld Citation and Report Writing Program is the Ticketbook, which assigns users, a specific number of tickets, and sequential citation numbers for each handheld device.
Features of the Citation Module include:
- Location of occurrence, including direction, street, and cross-street information.
- Vehicle information, with make, model, year, style, color, VIN, and insurance.
- Violator and registered owner information.
- Complete violation codes and titles.
- Drop-menus, Soft Keyboard, check-boxes, and a convenient navigation menu for efficient data entry.
- Court and court day/time selection.
- Electronic signature capture.
- Driver license mag-stripe reading.
- Wireless printing of citations in the field.
- Electronic data transfer to desktop workstations, a central server, and/or a records management system.
- Transmittal of citations to the court.
- Easy integration with the Collision Report Writing and DUI Arrest Report Modules.
- Hard copy citation will match the specific citation format for an agency's jurisdiction.
- Modular design to allow for future upgrades and enhancements.